Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About
I hesitate to write this because I'm not big on anything akin to social media and I know I will end up getting 'relevant' ads forever.

I don't focus on saving the planet, but I generally don't like waste, so I'm sort of automatically doing my part.

Cars and computers have been my interests for many years. Not regular cars, the kind that the uninitiated would call "fixed up" or "souped up". I have 3 of those that originated in the years '23, '32 and '56. They're not especially technical or cutting edge. They're loud, stinky and hard to drive. But, to me they're cool.

I hate standing out in a crowd or being gawked at. Given the cars I like to drive, I guess I'm complicated.

I think I actually drooled on a Corbin Merlin that was on display in San Francisco.

My reason for wanting a Solo: it's technically cool.
I can only hope that it's noisy and twitchy and that there's a window tinting place within 50 miles.
[+] 1 user Likes Qubit's post
(06-05-2017, 10:34 AM)Qubit Wrote: I hesitate to write this because I'm not big on anything akin to social media and I know I will end up getting 'relevant' ads forever.

I don't focus on saving the planet, but I generally don't like waste, so I'm sort of automatically doing my part.

Cars and computers have been my interests for many years. Not regular cars, the kind that the uninitiated would call "fixed up" or "souped up". I have 3 of those that originated in the years '23, '32 and '56. They're not especially technical or cutting edge. They're loud, stinky and hard to drive. But, to me they're cool.

I hate standing out in a crowd or being gawked at. Given the cars I like to drive, I guess I'm complicated.

I think I actually drooled on a Corbin Merlin that was on display in San Francisco.

My reason for wanting a Solo: it's technically cool.
I can only hope that it's noisy and twitchy and that there's a window tinting place within 50 miles.

Welcome Qubit.

People seem to be  interested in the Solo for a lot of different reasons.
I think the cool factor is one of the major ones.

As far as the ads, we aren't affiliated with anything like google sense and we don't run any on-site ads as of yet.
So the only new ads you should see would be from those cookie monsters that are already tapping into your browser history.
It's my understanding and experience is that visiting any site will trigger "history relevant" rotations when you're on a site with an intrusive ad api.

Good to have you aboard!
BTW, in reference to your dislike of social media in general...
I built my first business website a couple of decades ago but resisted opening a FB account until last autumn.
I still miss the good old days when the internet was truly free and wasn't completely controlled by a handful of corporations.

But that's a whole other can of Bush's.

That being said...Don't forget to check Jerry's live stream on the EVM Facebook page tonight!

--Dale
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
Thanks, DD.
I appreciate your comforting words, but my comments don't stem from fear. I've been using the Interweb since there were only 2 rules: 'No advertising' and 'if you take something, give something back'. I use my wife's FB so she has to take all the hits.

And for the comfort of others, I detect no trackers on soloowners.net 8^)

Yes, I've set a reminder for tonight's stream. Jerry's fun to watch.
Welcome Mike!   Your souped up car collection sounds cool.  You could post a photo.

I think the Solo is cool..........a stylish, techie, and high performance vehicle wrapped up into a unique personal transportation bundle having the bonus of NMG.

However, I hope the SOLO is quiet.  You can make some vroom, vroom sounds while driving yours and the best part no backseat driver to hear you and with dark window tint no body will see you.  Smile

Regarding twitchy, I'm twitchy waiting for delivery notification of White Hot Solo #166.
White Hot Solo #166
Thanks, Rickb!
Looking forward to some whine. And love the idea of maximum torque starting at rpm 1.

Speaking of whine, what happened to the flap about EVs being required to generate artificial 'car' sounds so they couldn't sneak up on pedestrians? Reminds me of our first microwave oven- a countertop Amana Radarange. Family thought we were going to grow 3rd eyes.
(06-05-2017, 12:31 PM)Qubit Wrote: Thanks, Rickb!
Looking forward to some whine. And love the idea of maximum torque starting at rpm 1.

Speaking of whine, what happened to the flap about EVs being required to generate artificial 'car' sounds so they couldn't sneak up on pedestrians? Reminds me of our first microwave oven- a countertop Amana Radarange. Family thought we were going to grow 3rd eyes.

I like a little wine, but SoundRacer has the engine sound app for us.  My favorite is the Classic V -Twin motorcycle rumble.  It should be standard equipment on the EMV SOLO. Smile

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz9HWHjUcyc
White Hot Solo #166
This Mike Corbin built chassis was definitely something to drool over!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

White Hot Solo #166
(06-06-2017, 04:06 PM)Rickb Wrote: This Mike Corbin built chassis was definitely something to drool over!

Wow! A great shot I've never seen. Thanks.

At first I thought the coil-over shock laying on top must be a vibration dampener.
No, it's a bellcrank suspension layout. Strange, but cool.

[Image: Merlin_Susp.jpg]        [Image: merlin_rc3.jpg]