Helmets and Endorsements
    Go To Post #1
just added this link to a US helmet and a US endorsement map for enclosed three-wheelers to our resource library.

This is courtesy of our good friends at Elio Motors and ElioOwners.com.
https://www.elioowners.com/threads/momentum-v98.8285/
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 2 users Like DiscjockeyDale's post
    Go To Post #1
Great resource. I'm glad I found this link as I wasn't sure what's going on with helmets in my state.
[+] 1 user Likes RigobertoP's post
    Go To Post #1
Welcome to the forum RigovertoP.
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
These are the updated maps for enclosed three-wheelers c/o Elio Motors...
States differ in their vehicle qualifications for not requiring helmets and/or MC endorsements/licenses.
These maps show where the Elio qualifies or does not qualify for the exemptions. Other vehicles may or may not quality.

https://www.eliomotors.com/autocycle-and-other-trends/

.jpg   map_endorsements.jpg (Size: 37.89 KB / Downloads: 48)
.jpg   map_helmets.jpg (Size: 39.22 KB / Downloads: 48)
    Go To Post #1
(01-24-2018, 10:07 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: States differ in their vehicle qualifications for not requiring helmets and/or MC endorsements/licenses.

OMG! NY requires a motorcycle endorsement! EMV won't sell many Solos in that market. Many bikers are proud of their skill and independence and they will resist going on 3 wheels in a box. Most car drivers won't want to bother taking training for 2 wheels with a helmet and then not wearing a helmet in a Solo. Expect PR campaigns and politics to play a big role in NY. It might be easier to pursuade a few rule-makers than millions of consumers to change things. A lot of people commute from surrounding states to NY. This can't be good for EMV/Solo. Think of the test-drives...

What will NHTSA do about this? Not much in the time of the Trumpist deregulatory phase. Trump loves Big Oil.

Sigh. I still have no clue what my province, MB, will do about Solo. Ontario seems friendly. SK does not. SK has oil-wells and coal-mines... MB has oil-wells too but only a few and most of us love renewable energy.
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...