Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Power Schematic
Thanks goes to Robert for this find.
http://www.autosupermarket.it/magazine/e...o-da-solo/

Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
So, if you have to jack up the rear wheel ..... you haven´t got a parking brake!
[+] 1 user Likes paravil's post
(01-28-2018, 03:15 AM)paravil Wrote: So, if you have to jack up the rear wheel ..... you havn´t got a parking brake!
Many parking brakes lock the front or rear wheels depending on kind of drive. Most manuals I've seen recommend blocking the wheel opposite the jack. ie. If you jack up the right rear, block the left front wheel so that parking brakes are not holding things but a physical barrier is. I have a pet brick in my driveway just for this purpose. On a car as light as Solo, a jack with a wide footprint is probably good enough to hold the car even if the wheels are free. It depends on how steep the slope. I always recommend jacking on level surfaces if at all possible just to keep life simple. Even then I use a block because a tilted jack can roll a vehicle. It pays to be safe.
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post
(01-28-2018, 03:15 AM)paravil Wrote: So, if you have to jack up the rear wheel ..... you haven´t got a parking brake!

Sure made me wonder. So I asked. And they answered.
You're right. If you apply the e-parking brake only the rear wheel will lock.
So... refer to the small video in the top center of this page. Notice the wheel chock.

I guess if you need to change the back tire...
You shouldn't park your Solo headed up an incline.
I'd need four wheel chocks even on perfectly level ground.
I'm that guy that for whom whatever can go wrong usually does.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.