Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from TX
Hi, I'm Ed K from near Austin TX (work in Austin, but live in Pflugerville).
I have a 2014 Volt, bought new, and my wife has a 2017 Bolt.  Both are great cars.  We also had a 2015 C-Max Energi for 2 yrs.

I've been watching EMV since early last year, but what really got my interest was the Tofino.  I visited the Vancouver offices in November to meet some of the guys and see the Solo.  I expect that Solo must be a success if I ever want to see a Tofino in my driveway.  So I've tried to dig into the Solo specs/claims to understand better what EMVs capabilities are.  They certainly have some challenges.

I'm active on the GM-Volt.com forum (also as edk-austin), and the Facebook Chevy Volt Owners and Chevy Bolt-EV Owners groups.

Ed Knapton
Tofino reservation
(02-10-2018, 11:38 PM)edk-austin Wrote: Hi, I'm Ed K from near Austin TX (work in Austin, but live in Pflugerville).
I have a 2014 Volt, bought new, and my wife has a 2017 Bolt.  Both are great cars.  We also had a 2015 C-Max Energi for 2 yrs.

I've been watching EMV since early last year, but what really got my interest was the Tofino.  I visited the Vancouver offices in November to meet some of the guys and see the Solo.  I expect that Solo must be a success if I ever want to see a Tofino in my driveway.  So I've tried to dig into the Solo specs/claims to understand better what EMVs capabilities are.  They certainly have some challenges.

I'm active on the GM-Volt.com forum (also as edk-austin), and the Facebook Chevy Volt Owners and Chevy Bolt-EV Owners groups.

Ed Knapton
Tofino reservation

Hi Ed and welcome to SoloOwners.
Hopefully you'll be able to spice up the Tofino forum.
Make yourself at home. If there's anything you ever need, give a yell.

Feel free to give us your insight and experience on your Hybrids and EV in the "Similar Vehicles" forum.
If you feel comfortable doing so, share our link with others in your conversations.
And I'll start putting a Tofino reservation map together.

--Dale
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.