Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sondors
Hi all 

what do you guys think about this

https://www.startengine.com/startup/sond...ectric-car

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/image...-scale.jpg
Not sure a care with any quality can be produced for $10k. The Elio is cheap but now it will be stamped tin and gutless just like a cheap Subaru, Mitsubishi, Nissan.
Solo Alpha Series #64 Silver
(10-08-2016, 10:02 AM)ram Wrote: Hi all 

what do you guys think about this

https://www.startengine.com/startup/sond...ectric-car

http://media.treehugger.com/assets/image...-scale.jpg

What do l think?   Holy crap!  I hope Sonders turns out to be the Elon Musk for the average driver by providing a stylish and affordable everyday electric commuter.
SOLO #166 reservation refunded 12/14/2017.   OVER & OUT!  
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
It´s certainly not what I need: don´t need three seats for a start. And it´s too large. Anbd I don´t particularly like his electric bike: it looks a lot too heavy to be used without the power switched on.
Are you sure this doesn't belong in the Lunatic Fringe thread? LOL
I really like the song "I wish I was eighteen again". Ah, to have the innocence, ambition, energy, enthusiasm, and naivete' of youth again.

Storm Sondors makes J D Michael look relatively normal. However, he actually has brought a transportation product to market, so he does have that going for him. I believe that I have said on this forum that if the Solo were $10-12k with a range of 200 miles, it would be very difficult to convince myself that I didn't need one. Now this guy comes along and say he's gonna do it.

Janet, if he can sell a vehicle for $10k that has the same build quality and performance as my "gutless" WRX, I don't think he'll have any trouble selling as many as he can build.

Rick, I agree that the drawings look good and the proposed price is definitely affordable. If he can pull it off, it should be amazing.

Paravil, I don't need 3 seats particularly, but I have no objection. I couldn't find any specs, but he may be bumping up against U.S. weight limits for trikes. IIRC, anything above 1750 lbs falls outside of the motorcycle/exempt category, and would be subject to automotive regulations. It will be difficult to built a 3-passenger electric tadpole with 200-mile range that weighs less than 1750 lbs. It might be possible with exotic/expensive materials, but I can't see it happening for 10K.

At any rate, this one is all talk at this point, but apparently he has raised enough money to at least attempt to build (and test?) a prototype. I've read a few articles, and it does look like he may be a serious businessmen, in spite of the goofy video he put on the startengine site.
I'm done.
hi all

Flying solo is right, its all talk at this point, they don't have any plan on hiring anyone until october 2017
as per the article below,

article also says elio has 60000 reservation for its electric car, i thought elio was ICE, could elio reservation holders clarify please

http://fortune.com/2016/10/10/sonders-electric-car/
(10-10-2016, 09:13 PM)ram Wrote: hi all

Flying solo is right, its all talk at this point, they don't have any plan on hiring anyone until october 2017
as per the article below,

article also says elio has 60000 reservation for its electric car, i thought elio was ICE, could elio reservation holders clarify please

http://fortune.com/2016/10/10/sonders-electric-car/
Yes Elio is an ICE car. Unique and groundbreaking but gutless, cheap, stamped steel body, thin tires, not proven mileage or tested.  I doubt Elio will reach production.  They need $300M from Feds ito just break even and enter production in maybe 2018.  I'm an on in at #12585.  ElectraMecc will discount Solo for my all in on the Elio.
60428 Elio Reservations. I'm the All in Elio reservation #9675.
The Elio will be powered by Elio Motor's very own 3 cylinder creation.
It's a rumor that a journalist started when he misunderstood another journalist.
I've already replied with corrections on several of the news blogs that are publishing this.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
(10-10-2016, 10:10 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: 60428 Elio Reservations. I'm the All in Elio reservation #9675.
It's a rumor that a journalist started when he misunderstood another journalist.
I've already replied with corrections on several of the news blogs that are publishing this.

Dale, 55hp will be gutless, definitely not sporty.Do you happen to know the electrical and batteries warranty for the Solo?
(10-10-2016, 10:19 PM)Janet6196 Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 10:10 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: 60428 Elio Reservations. I'm the All in Elio reservation #9675.

Dale, 55hp will be gutless, definitely not sporty.Do you happen to know the electrical and batteries warranty for the Solo?
Janet, I owned a 5-speed 1.0L Metro that was actually a peppy little car @ 52HP and 1930lb. if you slapped the low gears well.
It was fun to drive. The Elio @ 600lb. less shoulld be even quicker. What can we do but wait and see what happens?
I owned the Metro for two years and was actually sorry to see it go.

The Solo warranty is 2 years, unlimited mileage.
The battery has a 5 year warranty.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.