Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonders
OMG, they are working on weekends to meet or beat the Prototype build milestone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
(06-04-2017, 05:18 PM)Rickb Wrote: OMG, they are working on weekends to meet or beat the Prototype build milestone.

Is that a freekin' marble floor?

Leave it to the Italians eh?
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
(06-04-2017, 06:22 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 05:18 PM)Rickb Wrote: OMG, they are working on weekends to meet or beat the Prototype build milestone.

Is that a freekin' marble floor?

Leave it to the Italians eh?
Italian marble!  Smile 

It's quite the shop.  Check out the latest 360 video of the Prototype build.  The driver's sitting position looks too uncomfortable for this old geezer, but fun to watch the daily progress.
White Hot Solo #166
(06-04-2017, 10:24 PM)Rickb Wrote: Italian marble!  Smile 

It's quite the shop.  Check out the latest 360 video of the Prototype build.  The driver's sitting position looks too uncomfortable for this old geezer, but fun to watch the daily progress.

Just seeing the frame suggests to me they are going to put the battery up front, leaving little or no cargo space. This thing will need a much larger battery than Solo to push more air out of the way and to roll the increased weight. I'm thinking 64kWh or more to get the 200 miles range. It may look pretty but won't it handle like a ton of bricks? Add to that huge mass a couple of adults. It's not a sports car but a truck. Solo looks good enough to me and it's way more likely to perform well.

The whole concept looks like a work of art rather than a technical marvel. Where are the specs for weight, braking, and electrical that folks examine so closely with Solo?
(06-05-2017, 12:52 AM)pogson Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 10:24 PM)Rickb Wrote: Italian marble!  Smile 

Just seeing the frame suggests to me they are going to put the battery up front, leaving little or no cargo space. This thing will need a much larger battery than Solo to push more air out of the way and to roll the increased weight. I'm thinking 64kWh or more to get the 200 miles range. It may look pretty but won't it handle like a ton of bricks? Add to that huge mass a couple of adults. It's not a sports car but a truck. Solo looks good enough to me and it's way more likely to perform well.

The whole concept looks like a work of art rather than a technical marvel. Where are the specs for weight, braking, and electrical that folks examine so closely with Solo?
Hopefully, form follows function.  Lots of schematics on Sondor's Facebook page. They seem to be working out the specs in parallel with the vehicle's design and engineering.  The common Sondors/SOLO spec is three wheels.   You're right on the fact there is no available frunk space as indicated by this schematic:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

White Hot Solo #166
still making progress.

(Edit by Admin - Click on the thumbnail  to view the full image.)

[Image: 4_UFd_XUPyq1v7_Pv5f_KAuk9_BMUbq_Mmbyr_YT...8eb_WP.png]
[+] 2 users Like Drift's post